Some good news this week :
There’s an interesting opinion poll analysis, “Obama’s Poll Numbers Are Falling To Earth”, in the Wall Street Journal.
It must be very troubling to the Obama administration.
It reveals that there are widespread doubts and misgivings about President Obama's policies and initiatives, despite the MSM's continued emphasis on Obama's supposed "widespread support".
Some key points made by pollsters Douglas E Schoen and Scott Rasmussen are:
• Obama’s approval rating is dropping (56% yes 43% no) and is lower than George W Bush at the equivalent point in his first term !
• Obama has “lost virtually all his Republican support and a good part of his independent support”.
• 83% are worried Obama’s steps may not fix the economy.
• 69% are worried by the increasing government role in the economy.
• Majorities now oppose the bank bailout and a second stimulus package.
There is a high level of public cynicism about politics in general : Only 19% think Congress has passed significant legislation to make their lives better.
Here is the introduction to the article :
"It is simply wrong for commentators to continue to focus on President Barack Obama's high levels of popularity, and to conclude that these are indicative of high levels of public confidence in the work of his administration. Indeed, a detailed look at recent survey data shows that the opposite is most likely true. The American people are coming to express increasingly significant doubts about his initiatives, and most likely support a different agenda and different policies from those that the Obama administration has advanced.
Polling data show that Mr. Obama's approval rating is dropping and is below where George W. Bush was in an analogous period in 2001."
You can read the entire article here : http://europumas.over-blog.com/pages/OBAMAS_POLL_NUMBERS_ARE_FALLING_TO_EARTH-1189993.html
It seems that Americans are gradually waking up from their beautiful dream, at last...
But it is only to realise that the nightmare is beginning !