US President George W. Bush (R) and president-elect Barack Obama make their way through the Colonnade to a meeting in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC. Obama, gearing up for his historic January 20 swearing-in, held his first face-to-face talks with Bush on Monday and got his first look at the Oval Office.(AFP/Mandel Ngan)
The two men spoke for less than an hour : it's not very surprising, seeing they agree on everything...
For all the Americans who elected Barack Obama to the presidency one week ago, hoping he would be able to bring the "Change they can believe in" and to help them forget the Bush era, the awakening may be difficult after the 20th of January.
Yesterday, when I saw on TV the pictures of Obama and Bush together at the White House, I was struck by the similarity that exists between them, not a physical resemblance of course, but a much deeper, concealed similitude.
Obamaniacs will say this is pure nonsense, as for them, the two men are totally different : what could they share ? One is the Saviour of Mankind who draws crowds of adoring fans, whereas the other one is the most unpopular president in history who is going to leave the White House with no glory.
Well, the situation is not so simple ! You might be surprised to learn that the two men have got a lot of things in common. But nobody knows that, because the MSM has not put it to the fore, for it would have harmed their pet politician.
President Bush takes President-elect Barack Obama "his twin brother", into the oval office during a visit to the White House, November 10, 2008.(Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)
First, let us quote what the most obvious similarities are :
- a common arrogance
- a total inexperience at the moment of their election
- a total ignorance of foreign affairs. Like Bush, Obama had almost never gone abroad until his World tour this summer. In fact, he travelled to a lot of countries in July because he realized he knew nothing about the world and it had become urgent to learn. Everybody remembers the climax of his trip : that was in Paris, when the World Messiah meets the Saviour of France. What an unforgettable moment !
- a lack of qualifications : no record at all in the Senate for Obama (Bush had, at least, been governor of Texas)
- lying on Iraq : Bush made people believe there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq ; Obama made people believe he voted against the war, something he could not do as he had not been elected yet to the senate at that time !
- rewarding friends once elected : a system of "cronies" : I wonder if the Chicago mafia will not prove to be more dangerous for Americans than George Bush's Neoconservative pals.
- "the perfect storm" : both men profited from a particular political situation to get elected. In 2004, Bush was reelected because of the fear of terrorist attacks ; in 2008 Obama was elected because people were fed up with Bush in a time of severe economic crisis... Both men are mere opportunists, and experience has proved that opportunists do not make very good presidents...
This picture released by the White House shows US President George W. Bush (L) and president-elect Barack Obama meeting in the Oval Office of the White House. Obama, gearing up for his historic January 20 swearing-in, held his first face-to-face talks with Bush and got his first look at the Oval Office.(AFP/White House/Eric Draper)
But, beyond these obvious similarities, there are more disturbing facts, which prove that Obama does not intend at all to break with George Bush's policies, although he says the contrary.
- "Uniters" : the two men put this term at the core of their electoral campaign. After eight years, needless to say that Bush has been unable to unite America.
As for Obama, I don't see how he can manage to reconcile an extremely divided Democratic Party. All the Democrats who voted for Hillary do not intend to fall in line. A lot of them have voted McCain and will always consider that Obama is illegitimate, because he cheated during the primaries.
- Cooperating with Congress :
Bush promised he would try to build coalitions, and so did Obama.
Bush did not keep his promise, he did exactly the opposite. As far as Obama is concerned, I am afraid we will have the same kind of "imperial presidency", and maybe worse.
Obama not only considers himself as a king, as an emperor, but he also thinks he is The One, so I am not sure he will be ready to ask the opinion of Congress very often. The system of checks and balances has not functioned under Bush ; maybe we'll see the end of it with Obama president.
Besides, even if Obama manages to find coalitions to reach a consensus with Congress, especially working with Republicans, it will certainly anger the liberal wing of his party which supported him from the start. So there is going to be a lot of disillusions in coming months.
- And last but not least, what is the most striking when we try to compare Obama and Bush, is the similarities in their programs. The two men have got the same opinion on many issues : see a detailed study of these similarities in our section "Obama the Fraud" : http://europumas.over-blog.com/pages/Obama_amp_Bush__Les_jumeaux__The_twin_brothers_-841822.html
US President George W. Bush and his wife Laura welcome president-elect Barack Obama and his wife Michelle to the White House.(AFP/Jim Watson)
Eventually, after thinking it over, I have realized that there is only one thing which separates the two men...
in fact it would be more correct to say "one person"...
Their wives !
One of them is the embodiment of discretion, modesty, elegance, dignity.
The other one is the incarnation of ambition, excessive self-confidence, and arrogance.
This picture released by the White House shows Mrs. Laura Bush (L) and Mrs. Michelle Obama sitting in the private residence of the White House. .(AFP/White House/Joyce N. Boghosian)
Michelle was able to see if the curtains she has already chosen will suit...
Therefore, I come to the conclusion that the only change that an Obama presidency is going to introduce will be found in the First Lady's style !
But will it be enough to satisfy American people who have been expecting so much from their new president ?